Education & Training
Integrated Command and Control
Technical course during which trainees learn how to use ICC various modules (ASMAN, SALTO, MTOTE). Students are trained on the software used within a NATO JFAC HQ.
NATO service members required to use ICC within the various divisions of a JFAC HQ or as a liaison to or from the air component.
This course is driven by multiple practical exercises. The lead strategy is to give the students the opportunity to learn and train on the main features and modules of the tool directly working on ICC and focusing on the production of the ACO / ATO documents. Beyond the airspace management and tasking aspects, the other steps of the Air Tasking Cycle are also covered with detailed explanations given on the Force Execution and the Assessment steps. Overall, the course is divided in 4 main blocks. Each block begins with a basic approach then leads to increasingly more refined and advanced exercises. The course staff guides the trainees through each block and monitor their understanding and ability to conduct the different exercises to certify their proficiency level at the end of the course.
Aim of the course
Learn the main functionalities of ICC in support of the Joint Air Tasking Cycle. After attending this course, students will have an understanding on how to use the main features and modules of ICC, and therefore be better prepared to assume their duties within a JFAC HQ or to take part in joint air operations.
- ICC OVERVIEW (Understand the development of the ICC program, Understand the system architecture & user management, Understand the evolution of C2 systems in NATO) ;
- ICC MAP ( Know how to display and locate georeferenced products on the map, Know how to display and locate the content of the ICC database on the map, Know how to create, store and share content on the map) ;
- ACO Creation and Management module (ASMAN) ( Know how to generate and populate an ACO, Use the ICC map in combination with the ACO creation, Know how to release an ACO message) ;
- ATO CREATION AND MANAGEMENT MODULE (SALTO) (Recall the ICC database structure and elements needed for tasking, Know how to generate an ATO and create missions, Use the ICC map in conjunction with the creation of the missions, Understand the elaboration of the refuelling plan using the dedicated SALTO module, Know how to release an ATO message) ;
- ICC IN STAND-ALONE MODE (Understand how to open and display an ACO message, Understand how to open and display an ATO message) ;
- ICC FOR CURRENTS OPS (Understand how to read and consult an ATO using ATO Mission Tote module, Understand how to display and set-up the RAP using Track Tote module) ;
- ICC IN SUPPORT OF ASSESSMENT (Understand how the Mission Tote can be used to provide relevant information for the Assessment of Air Operations, Understand how the Mission Tote module can be used to enter MISREP in the ICC database).
Pass / Fail criteria
Subjective practical exercise.
- Academic calendar
- Registration request form
- Welcome booklet
- Education and Training Opportunities Catalogue (ETOC)